Facebook is a well know and well used social media platform with over 2 billion active users daily using Facebook for their own individual purpose and use. People mainly use Facebook to stay in touch with their loved ones. Find new friends and reunite with the old ones that are on Facebook, but Facebook od used for a lot more than that. Today we are going to talk about Facebook and a Facebook developer account.
A Facebook developer account can be used to create Facebook apps. Before we continue discussing on how you can create a Facebook developer account and all it can be used for, we should first let you know all that Facebook could be used for in case you have other interests. Facebook could also be used to buy and sell materials and products. You can do this in FB Marketplace or Facebook buy and sell groups. You can also use Facebook advertising to grow and promote your brand and your business. FB can be used for a lot more.
How to Create a Facebook Developer Account
To create a FB app, the first step to make is to create a Facebook developer account. Though this can be done with your personal Facebook account but it is not advisable to use your personal Facebook account in order to avoid exposing your app to your competitors before even completing the development. It is better to develop and test your app with a Facebook developer account. You can create a Facebook developer with the following steps:
- Firstly, log out of your Facebook account and create a new Facebook account
- After creating a new Facebook account, you will receive a confirmation link via email. Use this to log in to your new Facebook account
- After you are logged in, copy this link http://www.facebook.com/developers/become_test_account.phpand paste it in your browser’s URL.
- On the next interface, click on make your developer account name a test account, something like make Clarke James a test account.
- After this, you’ll be taken to the confirmation page and your developer account is successfully created.
Always remember your email address as it is this email address you will use to login to your Facebook developer account whenever you want to test the app.
How to delete a Facebook developer account
The way you created a Facebook developer account you can also delete that account. Follow the steps to know how to delete a Facebook developer account;
- Log on to https://developers.facebook.com/ from your web browser
- Log in with your Facebook developer account username and password
- Navigate to my apps then select developer settings
- In the contact tab, scroll down till you see delete developer
- Click on delete account then click on save changes
If you are the only one who is the admin of an app, that app will be deleted alongside your developer account.