Gem Visa credit card is worth considering if you are looking to pay as little as possible. This credit card is given by Latitude financial services. This credit card offers its users six months interest-free on all purchases of $250 or more. This credit card is accepted anywhere a visa credit card is accepted. You can take advantage of interest-free finance deals at its stores and partners around New Zealand. When you apply for your credit card, you can also apply for shopper’s protection insurance. This is charged to your account at a rate of 1% of your statement balance. The maximum monthly charge is $50. This insurance covers; lost card replacement, repair, refund, replacement of lost or stolen goods, price protection insurance, repayment insurance if you are unable to meet your repayments due to an unplanned event. The gem visa provides six months interest-free on visa credit card purchases of over $250 including 55 days interest-free on other purchases you make. This credit card is highly secured by visa’s verified security systems.
How the Card Works
It has an interest free period of up to 55 days on purchases you make. It has a minimum monthly repayment of 3% of transaction value or $20. It has a late payment fee of $15. It has a purchase rate of 25.99% p.a. It has an annual fee of $52 p.a. It is possible to withdraw money at an ATM, but you be charged fees and this amount is not free. You will be unable to pay off your gem visa with another credit card but you can transfer your gem visa balance to a card at a major bank. With this card, it will cost you $52 every year to maintain your card plus there is an establishment fee of $55 when you pay with your card. $15 is charged if you make a late payment. Any purchase over $250 does not incur interest for the first six months.
- It offers fraud detection and zero liability
- It gives users a wide range of opt-in insurance coverage
- Once you’ve been approved, you can start making purchases without waiting for your physical card
- It offers shoppers protection insurance
- You can take advantage of the long-term finance interest-free deals
- It gives 55 days of 0% interest
- It gives six months interest-free period
- Access to the latitude app to manage your cards.
- You have to be 18 years of age or above
- You must be a citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand
- You must meet the credit limit
- You should have the following documents and information; your email address, your driver’s license, proof of address, name of your employer, your income, details of expenses.
How to Apply
- Visit gem visa credit card application page
- When the page loads, tap on ‘apply now’
- Scroll down and tap on ‘start application ‘
- On the application page, enter your first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, marital status, phone number, email address, number of dependents
- Enter your contact information
- Choose if your postal is the same as your residential address
- Indicate if you have a driver’s license or not
- Verify your identity
- Check your details again and go-ahead to submit.
After this, you need to wait for your application to be approved.