The Aqua credit card offers two different cards, they are aqua classic and aqua advance. This card helps you build your credit score when used responsibly. This card comes with a high annual percentage rate. Aqua was established in 2002, their sole aim is to help individuals who may have been refused credit or overlooked by other credit card companies in the past. As stated earlier, this card offers two types, 1) aqua classic; this is suitable for those with poor credit history or for those who are looking to rebuild their credit rating. It has no annual fee. You will be charged a late payment fee when you make a late payment. 2) aqua advance; this card reduces interest rate credit card. It offers extras like no fee spending when abroad. The Aqua credit card is given by New Day Ltd. it helps you start your journey in building a better credit history when you manage your account responsibly. This card is also issued on the Mastercard basis; hence it comes with MasterCard benefits. It is accepted in over 36 million places and more than 600,000 cash points globally. An app is made available for its users, it is suitable for Android and iOS devices.
How the Card Works
This card has a high-interest rate than the market average. Its APR depends on your individual circumstances. An initial credit limit will be set, depending on your individual circumstances and what the company believes you can also afford to comfortably repay. To avoid paying steep rates of interest, endeavor to pay your balance in full and on time too every month. Doing this lets you avoid paying interest altogether as well as helping you build your credit report. To pay your credit card balance, you can make use of the following methods;
- Standing order
- The aqua app
- By post
- Telephone banking
When making withdrawals, you’ll have to pay a fee for each cash transaction and interest will be charged from the date the transaction is added to your account.
- You can manage your credit limit
- Free access to your credit score
- Offers helpful tools and advice
- You have the opportunity to change the date of the monthly payment
- No foreign transaction fee
- Reduced annual interest
- This credit card is highly regulated by the financial conduct authority
- It comes with a free credit checker.
To be approved, you must;
- Be 18 years of age or above
- Be a permanent resident in the UK
- Pass the lender’s credit checks
- Not have another card of the same type.
How to Apply
- Visit Aqua card website on your web browser
- When the page loads, tap on ‘check my eligibility ‘
- On the next page, enter your title, first name, last name, date of birth, marital status, email address, and phone number, also enter your residential address
- Fill in your postcode, your employment status, fill in your annual income
- Enter the number of individuals that are financially dependent on you
- Select yes or no by answering if you expect your financial situation to change in the near future
- Also, select yes or no if you intend to make cash withdrawal when you receive your card
- Choose how you will like to get notified
- Then, tap on ‘check my eligibility’.
Approval is usually quick, your credit card should arrive within 2 weeks. Once you receive your card, it should be activated by using aqua’s automated service or online.