The Emerald flex rate credit card is a card that gives you a low-interest rate based on your credit score. It costs about $25 annually, it comes with amazing benefits like travel insurance and also roadside assistance. This credit card isn’t the best option if you have a credit score below 650. This is so simply because you will end up paying as much as 15-17% interest based on your bad credit. This credit card is a no rewards card that allows you to pay low-interest rates on any outstanding balances and cash advances also. This credit card is given by the Toronto Dominion Bank (TD bank). This card also comes with a low annual fee and it has an optional travel benefit. With this credit card, you can purchase an item easily due to the fact that there is product coverage. This credit card does not have a minimum annual income requirement.
How the Card Works
The TD Emerald flex rate credit card has an annual fee of $25. This card offers travel benefits. You can save on interest charges with a preferred low variable annual interest rate. The interest rate however varies with your credit score and it can fall anywhere between 8.45% and 16.7%. This card uses its own prime rate to figure out the rate you’ll receive. With a poor credit score, you’ll face a higher interest rate. You have to pay extra to add on benefits such as travel medical insurance and trip cancellation and also interruption insurance. It offers no rewards or cashback.
TD emerald flex rate credit card has the following benefits;
1) It offers an extended warranty and purchase protection for any product you buy with your card
2) Contactless payments
3) You can easily apply with no annual income requirement
4) It offers zero liability coverage
5) Online security to protect your purchases
6) It gives up to 10% rental discount at participating Avis and budget locations in Canada, the United States and 5% discount overseas.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- You must be of the age of majority in your residence.
How to Apply
- Visit TD emerald flex rate credit card application page on your web browser
- Tap on ‘apply online ‘ if you don’t have the TD login ID
- When the page loads, fill in your title, first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, SIN
- Fill in your contact details such as your home address, work address, country residential phone number
- After filling these, tap on the Next button located below to proceed.
After successful application, follow the steps given below to have access to your account;
- Visit the TD bank login page on your web browser
- Fill in your username and your password
- Then, tap on ‘login’ to view your account.