A gift card is a type of money card with a prepaid stored-value, usually issued by a retailer or bank, to be used as an alternative to cash for purchases within a particular store or related businesses. To a purchaser, a gift card is a gift given instead of an object which the recipient may not need, when the giving of cash as a present may be regarded as socially inappropriate.
The Gift card for Google play has existed for ages now, but recently sending or gifting friends or family a Google play card via email has become the most viable option. It is accessible in the Google Play Store in the sidebar as “Send Gift” and a user can send credit in the amounts ranging from $10 to $100.
However, these gift cards such as the Google Play Card are generally redeemable only for purchases at the relevant retail premises and cannot be cashed out, and in some situations may be subject to an expiry date or fees. Also, these cards are usually anonymous except they are custom made for a particular person. They are disposed off when the stored value on a card is exhausted.
How to Send Google Play Card Via Email
The gift card code is extremely easy to redeem on the phone, tablet or web. The recipient of a Google Play Gift Card can use the card at their discretion within the restrictions set by the issuing company, for example as to validity period and businesses that accept a particular card. Below is the step-by-step guide on how to gift a Google Play Card via email;
- Go to https://play.google.com/about/giftcards in a web browser: You can use Chrome or any other web browser to buy a gift card online. Though it is not possible to buy a Google Play gift card directly from Google, most locales have online purchasing options through other retailers.
- Click on BUY ONLINE: This takes you to a list of online retailers that sell Google Play gift cards. This means you can only purchase cards online from retailers listed under the ″Online″ header (on the right of the screen).
- Select a retailer
- Choose a gift card value: Select the amount of money you would like to gift the person to spend on the Play Store, and how many cards you would like to send (if the option is available). Note that, the option may vary by location or retailer
- Select a delivery method: If options are given, you can usually select E-mail to deliver the gift card via email.
- Enter the recipient’s information.
- Meticulously go through the on-screen instructions to make payment. Once your payment is processed, the Google Play gift card will be delivered to the recipient via email.
These gift cards e.g. Google Play Cards are identified by a specific number or code, not usually with an individual name, and thus could be used by anybody.