The aim of this article is to teach you how to change your name on Facebook. Most times when you create a Facebook account you create it in a hurry and end up making silly mistakes in inputting your name. sometimes you’d put your Surname where your First name is supposed to be and vice versa or make some other silly mistake. Sometimes the reason for the name change isn’t because of some mistake, but by intention. You may wake up one day and decide to change your name on Facebook.
Its no big deal to want to change your name on Facebook, it is actually a matter of choice and decision. Since millions of people may have access to your Facebook profile it is actually a good thing to have a recognizable name and a name that won’t bring conflict to you or your personality. Lets cut to the chase and go to how to change your name on Facebook
How To Change Your Name On Facebook Using Facebook Mobile App Or Facebook Web App
There are two ways to this, there’s using the mobile app and using the web app, to use the mobile app to change your name on Facebook, the following steps should be followed;
- Log in to your Facebook account using your mobile phone using the app
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the navigation pane
- When you click on it, go to settings
- Under account settings, click on personal information
- When the personal information opens, click on name
- Make the changes you want to make on your name, once done, click on review change, when you do that, you’d be asked how you want your name to appear. Select it and you will be asked to input your password, input your password and click on continue and your changes will be saved.
To change your name on the web app all you need is an internet connected device (either a phone or a Pc) with a web browser, once you have these requirements, the following steps should be followed;
- On your web browser, go to www.facebook.com
- Once logged into your account, on the top navigation pane, click on the down-facing arrow and go to settings
- Once settings is opened, you will be directed to a page called general account settings
- On the general account settings, you will see name, click on it.
- Once you click on name, the pane will expand and here you will have the option to make the edit you want to make on your name
- Once you are done with the name changes, click on review change, when you do that, you’d be asked how you want your name to appear. Select it and you will be asked to input your password, input your password and click on continue your changes will be saved.
It is important to note that whatever changes you make, you won’t be able to make another until the next 60 days, so make sure you are careful when changing your name so as not to make any silly mistake.
Thanks for reading!!!
People also read: How To Activate Free Mode on Facebook: Use Facebook Without Data