The Sony Credit card is given by Comenity bank. It offers bonus rewards on entertainment purchases, Sony products, and dining. This card however is a visa card that comes with an average reward on online streaming and subscription services to its users. This card was known formerly as PlayStation card. To earn points, you must be a Sony rewards program member. Membership is free for cardholders. Its program allows you to earn rewards independent of your credit card, on items such as video games, movie tickets, DVDs, and lots more. With this card, you earn rewards points for any purchases made with your card, you also have access to amazing deals, better pricing for deals and steals, and inventory. This card will be advantageous for individuals who love shopping for Sony products or for those who shop regularly in the 3/5 point categories. This card features a broad definition of entertainment such as record stores, movie theaters, subscription services, digital products, concerts, and lots more.
How the Card Works
This credit card has no annual fee. It offers decent rewards on all purchases. You earn 2% cashback on every purchase you make, 1% when you buy, and 1% when you pay it off. Redeeming points can be cumbersome and limited also. You may be able to redeem points for a general statement credit for points earned from an eligible sign up offer or Sony products purchases. However, to get a statement credit for a Sony product purchase, you have to shop with an authorized retailer and also fill out a purchase credit form that will be made available for you. You have to redeem your earned points within five years of earning them or else they will expire. It can offer 5% cashback on up to $2000 in combined quarterly spending in two categories of your choice. It has a variable APR of 13.99%, 19.99% or 22.74%, this depends on your creditworthiness. When your application has been approved, you can go ahead to request a digital shopping pass be sent to your mobile phone.
- You earn 5 points per one dollar on entertainment purchases
- You earn 5 points per one dollar on any Sony purchase made
- You earn 5 points per one dollar on any Sony products made with authorized retailers
- You get 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants
- You earn 1 point per one dollar spent on other purchases
- Access to auto rental insurance and roadside assistance.
How to Apply
- Visit Sony credit card website on your web browser
- Once the page loads, tap on ‘apply ‘
- On the application page, fill in your personal information such as your email address, first name, last name, middle name, suffix
- Enter your mailing address, city, state, zip code
- Fill in your last four digits of your SSN, date of birth, total annual income, mobile number, mobile secondary number
- Quickly glance through and agree to the terms and conditions
- Tap on ‘submit application’ to complete the process.
To view your credit card account, follow the steps below;
- Visit the card’s login page
- When the page loads, tap on the sign in page
- Fill in your username and your password.
- Tap on ‘sign in’.