The surge credit card is an unsecured card made available to consumers with bad credit. This card is unsecured meaning that you won’t need to put down a deposit or pre-load the card to use. This credit card is given by Citibank. You can make use of the surge card to improve damaged credit provided you maintain your card in good standing. Those with a very low end of the FICO score spectrum who have issues getting approved for other credit cards may have better luck when it comes to the surge credit card. The surge card is given on the MasterCard network which means your credit card can be used anywhere a MasterCard is accepted. However, users need to manage their credit line, the maximum spending limit on the card is $500. You should endeavor to completely pay off your surge card every month.
This is important when you consider the super-high APR that comes with the surge card. You can see a really hefty annual fee show up shortly after you open the card. However, the annual fee will drop after the first year. You will start to see an additional monthly maintenance fee after the first twelve months. The surge MasterCard is a credit builder as it tends to receive those with poor credit as you can apply with a credit score as low as 350. It has a regular APR of 25.90-29.99%, however, this value is variable. To get the most out of this card, you should use it to make a small purchase during the month, then pay your balance in full when your statement arrives. As you make on-time payments, never attempt to miss payments. Try not to carry a balance on your surge card.
- Your account activity is reported to three different bureaus
- A mobile app is made available that can be used to manage your account online, this app is suitable for both Play Store or App Store
- This credit card helps you build your credit score
- It offers auto rental insurance
- The application process is very fast and easy
- It offers $0 fraud liability
- You can easily customize your notifications to manage your spending and your payments.
How to Apply
- Open your web browser and visit surge MasterCard application page
- Once the page loads, scroll down and start your application process
- Fill in your first name, middle name, last name, suffix, home address, state, zip code, email address
- social security number, total monthly income, primary source of income, primary phone number, secondary phone number, date of birth
- Tap on the link that says ‘see my card offers’
- When you have been approved, your credit card will be mailed to you within three working days.
To have access to your account, follow the steps below;
- Visit the surge card official website on a web browser
- On the homepage, tap on the black login button
- This brings you to the login page
- On that page, type in your username and your password
- Lastly, tap on ‘login to my account’.